- 2022-01-20 Nintendo Entertainment System Programming Setup - koppian adventures
Note that when you are using older tutorials with cc65, when compiling you may get the error Error: Call to undefined function 'waitvblank'. This function is now called waitvsync in more modern versions of nes.h. See: Tutorials!
- 2022-01-20 nesdoug – NES Programming with cc65 Clang
- 2022-01-20 Nerdy Nights Mirror
- 2022-01-20 Nintendo NES Gamedev, part 1: Setting up - Anton Maurovic
- 2022-01-20 algofoogle/nes-gamedev-examples: Example Nintendo NES source code for an article series on http://anton.maurovic.com
- 2022-03-05 Build an 8-bit computer Ben Eater
I built a programmable 8-bit computer from scratch on breadboards using only simple logic gates. I documented the whole project in a series of YouTube videos and on this web site.
- 2022-01-21 Retrocomputing With Modern Hardware, No Emulation Required Hackaday
- 2022-03-26 What made the NES so interesting?
I often like to cover oddities here; details of computers and arcade systems people may not have heard of, that didn’t sell well but had unique or interesting characteristics. But focusing on oddities like that can disguise the fact that sometimes, even systems that were very popular can stand out for unique design. Such be it with the Nintendo Entertainment System: had Nintendo’s console flopped, it’d definitely have a post already. But it doesn’t. Let’s fix that! And answer a simple question I was asked: what’s the deal with special chip games?